Thinking like… texting like… responding like… a mushroom. In an era of mindfulness in what one eats, thinks and does, why not consider a more ecosystemic approach, advancing the whole and communicating across all of the parts?
Cesar & Lois practices thinking like a mushroom, collectively and with others – that is the only way to think like a mushroom. The first installation of Thinking Like a Mushroom is at A Ship in the Woods in Escondido, California (January 2019).
- Observe fungal growth at different stages.
- Consider the microorganism’s strategies of growth, how the organism expands and who and what benefits.
- Reflect on one’s own capacity for growth and motivations for advancement.
- Observe the conduits and circuitry for biological and environmental information passed within and through the fungal system.
- Advance the human circuitry for the same.